Friday, March 16, 2007

Testing BlogJet and Typepad

I decided to give Typepad a try. My 30 day trial blog is here. I’ve wanted to find a decent offline blogging client for a while. I’ve used w.bloggar before, but when I lost a post to a crash I stopped trusting it. Michael Hyatt recommends BlogJet for Windows, although they don’t have a client available for the Mac. I was playing with Windows Live Writer, which isn’t actually that bad for a free Microsoft product. It was actually designed for their Windows Live Spaces, but will work with other blogging services as well. I figured while I’m working with offline clients, maybe I should try them all. I’ve always lived by the maxim “You get what you pay for.” Free software often does give that quip a run for it’s money, but not always. I have used some incredibly good free software, but sometimes you have to pay for something to get what you want.

I plan to maintain my blog here on Blogger for the time being. I may just keep it. I would appreciate an easier image upload capability, but again, you get what you pay for.

"Computers are incredibly fast, accurate and stupid; humans are incredibly slow, inaccurate and brilliant; together they are powerful beyond imagination." -- Albert Einstein

No comments: