Thursday, March 31, 2005

My Birthday, A Sad Day In American History

This morning, my daily Bible reading led me to Ezekiel 14:

Judgment on Persistent Unfaithfulness
Eze 14:12 The word of the LORD came again to me, saying:
Eze 14:13 "Son of man, when a land sins against Me by persistent unfaithfulness, I will stretch out My hand against it; I will cut off its supply of bread, send famine on it, and cut off man and beast from it.
Eze 14:14 Even if these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they would deliver only themselves by their righteousness," says the Lord GOD. (New King James)

I have often heard that a daily Bible reading schedule will take you to passages that someone have an application to your day very often, if not daily. People who do their reading later in the day often report that the passages they came across would have been useful as they met their challenges. I try to read in the morning.

I find this passage in Ezekiel to be more than appropriate for today. I honestly believe that the American Republic is coming to a close, much as the Roman Empire did. We are caught up in luxuries and selfishness. Parents spend no time teaching values to their children; preferring instead to dump them in public schools where someone else is only more than happy to teach their values to your children.

But today we have reached a new low. A woman was starved and thirsted to death based on nothing more than the verbal utterance of her husband. Her family had more than 30 doctors who would have testified, had the so called judge permitted them, that Terry could have been rehabilitated. But he would not permit. He sentenced her to death. Other courts participated in this death sentence.

What a sad day when the default of a society is death.

Good Bye, U.S.A. We'll miss you. We'll grow more and more wicked until God puts an end to us.


Deu 30:19 I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live;

No comments: