Sunday, June 25, 2006

Back To Windows

I hate to admit defeat, but after two weeks of working with Linux on two different laptops, I've come to the conclusion that for now I'm best sticking with Windows as my operating system. I'll continue to monitor Linux, which continues to improve and become competitive in the consumer market.

I found that the best way to fix the problems introduced by uninstalling Office 2007 beta was to reinstall it. I tweaked the heck out of my services list and now my notebook is running a little better with Office. I decided that it's time to learn how to hack the registry as well in order to really customize my system and get the most out of it.

I still plan to keep up on Linux developments, but for now it is consuming too much time and my wife is getting mad at me. I had a week long break from U of Phoenix, which is about the only way I had time to work with Linux.

No comments: