Thursday, March 01, 2007

Rubber Bouncy Balls

Simple pleasures are always nice. I have a strange habit, like most people, of needing something for my hands to do. I've recently rediscovered the rubber bouncy ball. I could say that I found them because of my children, but that's not true. My wife used to pick these up for me when we would go to Chinese buffets. They're a quarter to fifty cents, very cheap and they come in different sizes. There's just something relaxing about either throwing one of these up in the air and catching it, or bouncing it off the floor. I've started carrying one with me.

Michael Hyatt wrote a blog post about something called a Gratitude Rock. This idea is that he keeps a small rock in his pocket and whenever he brushes it, he thinks of something he's grateful for. I tried the same thing with my bouncy ball. Every time I drop it and catch it, I try to think of something I'm grateful for. It may sound like a silly exercise, but it will brighten up your day and change your perspective.

No comments: