Thursday, August 21, 2008

David Allen’s GTD Connect Featuring Free 14 Day Membership

David Allen’s company, Davidco, rolled out GTD connect somewhere in the last year or two. I could probably look up the exact date, but if it matters to you, you can look it up. I always thought it sounded like a great idea, but $45 a month is a little out of my price range and tax bracket. Maybe that statement is a little subjective, but I wouldn’t be able to convince my wife to let me join.

Now, GTD Connect has a free 14 day trial. I went looking for the catch; there is none. Most trials require a credit card, this one doesn’t. Many trials will automatically start charging your credit card when the trial runs out. This one lets the trial run out. It’s a simple “fire and forget” trial membership.

The only thing I’m afraid of, and all that is holding me back from joining, is that I’ll sign up for the trial, then not have time to take advantage of it. That always seems to happen to me.

2 comments:

DanGTD said...

For implementing GTD you might try out this web-based application:
http://www.gtdagenda.com
You can use it to manage your goals, projects and tasks, set next actions and contexts, use checklists, schedules and a calendar.
A mobile version and iCal are available too.
Hope you like it.

Eric S. Mueller said...

Dan, thanks. I'll check it out. My current arsenal is to use Pocket Informant on my Pocket PC and Outlook on my laptop. I use a hybrid GTD/Franklin Covey approach that I've put together over the years.
Do you use GTD Connect? What do you think of it?