Thursday, June 18, 2009

iPhone 3.0 Bug Report #1

I still really like my iPhone and I'm never going back to Windows Mobile (well, maybe not never, but only under a long chain of favorable events that probably won't happen). I upgraded to the 3.0 software last night. Obviously, whenever software changes, sometimes bugs surface, or features change.

One thing I use my iPhone for the heaviest is to listen to podcasts. Some of those podcasts have sponsors or commercials. I've taken to, in the interest of time, fast-forwarding through those commercials. Yes, I know that's how they make their money, but most run the same commercials over and over and over again. I'll stop and listen to new ones in the interest of fairness. Yes, I actually do that. But I fast-forward through the ones I've heard 100 or more times.

When the iPhone is in standby, and a podcast runs commercials, I pick it up, double-tap the home button to bring up the iPod controls, and hold down the fast forward button.

That's where the bug comes in.

I notice in 3.0, the iPod countrols time out even when I'm holding down the fast-forward button. Yeah, it's a minor annoyance, but still, it worked in 2.2.1.

Anyone know how to submit a bug report to Apple, or do I hope they catch it themselves and fix it in 3.0.1 or whatever comes out next?

No comments: