Tuesday, June 02, 2009

What Is A Community? How Is A Community Lead? (AONC)

I came across a great post this morning by Chris Gullibeau about communities. This is probably the best, most concise definition I've read of what it means to have and to lead a community.

I think it also helps me to understand partly why my blog has never managed to go anywhere. Sure, I've written almost 600 posts and gained some valuable experience, but my readership never took off. I think the reason why is because this blog has always been about me. That's fine, because it's my blog. But then again, who are "we" in the context of my blog? What community could I write for?

I better figure that out. In the meantime, read Chris' awesome post.

1 comment:

slamdunk said...

Interesting article that you linked--it makes a lot of sense. 600 posts--wow, congrats on the good writing.