Friday, December 18, 2009

Critique This Blog, Please

I'd like to ask a favor. I've been blogging for 5 years now. I've seen other bloggers achieve varying levels of success. Except for the time Dan Lyons linked to me, I think I might have gotten a max of 500 views in a 1 month period, which I couldn't repeat the next month.

I enjoy writing. I've written close to 700 posts in 5 years. I've only been on Typepad for a year and a half, but I imported most of the content from my Blogger, MSN Spaces, and Wordpress blogs. But as much as I enjoy writing, I can't seem to write content that anybody actually wants to read.

Please, as a favor, can you poke around? What do I write well? What do I write poorly? What subjects or "niche" should I stick to? What should I avoid? Are my longer essays any good, or should I stick to shorter, snide commentaries about tech news?

If you could poke around at a few of my posts and let me know what you think, I'd appreciate the help in choosing a direction to go for 2010.

Thank you, and Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Eric S. Mueller said...

Chris, thank you. I'll keep an eye on your blog for that post.
I'm not too worried about traffic, but I'd like to find an area where my writing and an audience's interest can collide.
Thanks for stopping by.