Friday, December 18, 2009

Critique This Blog, Please

I'd like to ask a favor. I've been blogging for 5 years now. I've seen other bloggers achieve varying levels of success. Except for the time Dan Lyons linked to me, I think I might have gotten a max of 500 views in a 1 month period, which I couldn't repeat the next month.

I enjoy writing. I've written close to 700 posts in 5 years. I've only been on Typepad for a year and a half, but I imported most of the content from my Blogger, MSN Spaces, and Wordpress blogs. But as much as I enjoy writing, I can't seem to write content that anybody actually wants to read.

Please, as a favor, can you poke around? What do I write well? What do I write poorly? What subjects or "niche" should I stick to? What should I avoid? Are my longer essays any good, or should I stick to shorter, snide commentaries about tech news?

If you could poke around at a few of my posts and let me know what you think, I'd appreciate the help in choosing a direction to go for 2010.

Thank you, and Merry Christmas.

Post a Comment