Sunday, December 27, 2009

This Is Why I Pay So Little Attention To The News

Here's an RT hitpiece on Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity. I believe RT stands for "Russia Today". Apparently, RT interviewed Bill Ayers, a known former terrorist and close associate of our current President. O'Reilly attempted to "no-spin" the whole thing, which resulted in motion sickness for most of his viewers. Hannity also devoted 4 minutes of one of his programs to this "non-issue".

I pay little attention to any of the mainstream media outlets. Considering how much time they spend on what amounts to hot air, I always wonder what they're not telling us. They seem to spend more time on celebrity affairs than they do on issues like the NAFTA Superhighway.

As for Bill Ayers comments, I agreed with one thing. Get your news from places like The Daily Show and The Onion. During my teenage years, I went through a period of time when I got my news almost entirely from Mad Magazine. I was amazingly current with the issues. To this day, I still prefer to get my news from satire, which at least amuses me while I'm getting current.






Post a Comment