Friday, April 23, 2010

iPad: A Kitchen Appliance?

I came across a post on The Unofficial Apple Weblog about how the iPad is the ultimate kitchen Mac the writer dreamed of.

Perhaps it is. I’m not out to condemn the writer’s point of view. My initial reaction to the post was “Yeah, glad you can waste money on a $900 gadget to play with it in the kitchen”. But I don’t like automatic condemnations like that.

I can think of all kinds of things I’d use the iPad for. I don’t have one, and I’m not likely to get one anytime soon. My current priorities are

1) Get a new source of income

2) Get a MacBook Pro

3) other stuff

4) iPad

I think the iPad is a great idea, and I do want one. But, I have many other priorities before the iPad will be purchased.

I’m considering going into Real Estate. I can honestly see the iPad as a useful tool for Real Estate. The larger screen and longer battery life would make it a useful field asset.

No comments: