Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What Is The Difference Between Joel Osteen and a Fortune Cookie?

I'm not trying to be mean-spirited with this post. I'm linking somebody else's work. Tim Challies ate Thai food and read the fortune cookie. From Tim:

 I thought "This fortune sounds like something Joel Osteen would say." And then it struck me--there is very little difference between Joel and those fortune cookies (except that the cookies are delicious, of course).

Tim then sampled some of Joel Osteen's work, and created a 12 question quiz to compare the two. You can take the quiz on his blog. Let me know how you do in the comments. 


1 comment:

Don in Texas said...

I got a fortune cookie recently that read: “It is useless to spread a net in full view of all the birds.” My wife told me that it was in the Bible. Sure enough, It was Proverbs 1:17. Should we stop reading the Book of proverbs now?