Monday, April 11, 2011

Book Review: The Final Summit By Andy Andrews

I got The Final Summit from Booksneeze. The Final Summit is a sequel to The Traveler's Gift, which I have not yet read.

The main character, David Ponder, makes me think of Dave Ramsey. I confirmed by listening to Andy Andrews being interviewed on Dave Ramsey's show that my suspicion was correct. David Ponder, at least his life since The Traveler's Gift, is in fact heavily based on Dave Ramsey.

I remember from The Noticer Andy Andrews is a biography nerd. His knowledge of historical figures comes into play in this book as David Ponder interacts with fictionalized versions of Winston Churchill, Abraham Lincoln, Joan of Arc, King David, and so on.

The book finds David Ponder in his 70's. His wife died and he is now alone. Then Gabriel shows up to take him to a summit of Travelers. Humanity is near it's end, and this summit is it's last chance before God does another reorganization. Remember, this is an inspirational book, not a theology book.

The Final Summit was a quick and easy read. It was inspirational, although the conclusion to me seemed a little anti-climactic. I don't see this book affecting my life and impacting my thinking the way The Noticer did. I'm not going to give away the ending.

I did pick up a new quote from the book, which I've already used and shared with a few friends. Gabriel in this book says "Tact is a human trait, needed by those who are hesitant to tell the truth."


The Final Summit: A Quest to Find the One Principle That Will Save Humanity

No comments: