Sunday, February 19, 2012

Steve Jobs: One Last Thing

Steve Jobs was probably a jerk. Most of us would have fantasized about beating the crap out of him if we'd worked for him. And yet, he was a visionary who changed most of our lives in positive ways.

I stumbled across this video on Amazon the other day. Robert X. Cringley put it together after Steve's death last October. It was a great walk down memory lane.

The video is free to stream for Amazon Prime members.

I backed the video up three times to make sure I copied the following quote down. I've added it to a file I keep of my favorite quotes:


Life can be much broader once you discover one simple fact and that is everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you. - Steve Jobs.
That resonates with me a lot. I'm reaching a point where I realize I have a decent amount of intelligence. I realize I'm about as smart as the people who tell me what to do, make the laws and policies I have to follow, etc. I'm probably smarter than quite a few of them. What I wouldn't give to have Steve Jobs' ability to cast vision.



No comments: