Sunday, March 18, 2012

The Personal Brain Updates to Version 7

When I was first exposed to the concept of mind mapping, I loved the idea. But, I quickly ran up against a wall. I've done some minor mind mapping, but couldn't quite get off the ground with the concept.

I was watching a video one day, and saw something the blew my mind. That something is the Personal Brain. It's like a mind map, but rather than being a file, it's a database. This means you can now link thoughts to other thoughts. It's like how your mind works. Information is relational.

I imported all my lifeplanning mind maps into a single brain, and suddenly things start to make sense. I can now link 1-3 year goals and 3-5 year goals to higher level roles. It's started to help me figure out where I am heading in life.

I highly recommend this. The free version is plenty capable.

No comments: