Thursday, July 12, 2012

My Newest Addiction

I came across an interesting idea recently. I committed to a 30 day "manly" discipline plan, partly to see if I could do it, and partly because I need to recapture some discipline.

Part of this discipline program is to take cold showers every day.

It freaked me out at first, but all it took was one shower to get me hooked.

It's a shock to the system right away, but once you get used to it, it feels pretty good. Think about it; the cold water in your public water system might be 65 degrees. It's just like a pool. Once you get in and adjust, you don't notice it.

I started with a cold shower last night after my run. Then I took one this morning before work. When I got home from work and peeled my suit off, all I could think about was jumping in a cold shower before I did anything else.

Give it a shot. You'll feel like a man.

No comments: