Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Feature Outlook/GCal/iCal/Whatever Else Should Have

I got an email this morning with a list of dates related to a project I'm involved with. Not all of them pertain to me, but I might have to plan for them.

Wouldn't it be great if I could expect Outlook to generate appointments based on a list of dates? At present, I'd have to print the email out and post it on my wall, or save it and keep referring back to it. Or I could INDIVIDUALLY input each item to my Outlook calendar, which would take a while and is horribly inefficient.

I'd love it for my own planning and situational awareness if I could just have Outlook suck a list of dates in and create events based on them. I'm sure the technology exists. Someone just has to write the code. I wonder why it hasn't been done yet. 

No comments: