Saturday, February 23, 2013

Enjoy The Decline?

I came across Aaron Clearey last year through a review of his book "Worthless". I've since read Worthless and "Behind the Housing Crash", where he shares his experiences working as a credit analyst in midwestern banks during the housing bubble.

I decided to get his book "Enjoy the Decline". He signs off just about every blog post with that line. I had trouble with it at first. Not with him using the line, but with the concept of enjoying the decline. I'm an American, and watching all this unsustainable crap that's been in place for decades come crashing down makes me sad. But there's nothing I can do about it, other than make sure it doesn't come crashing down on me; at least any more than it already has.

So I bought the book, and hope to learn to "Enjoy the Decline". I'll post a review when I'm done.


No comments: