Sunday, July 14, 2013

Changing Life-Long Behavior

Have you ever set about to change a behavior you've been doing for years, if not your entire life?

Here at The Stand Up Philosopher, I've picked on people who do silly things, such as Question Talkers and passive aggression like "I would argue".

I'm guilty of my own annoying behaviors, and os making statements that make no sense when you stop and think about them.

I used to, when recounting conversations with other people, try to change my voice when I rendered the words the other person said. I thought I was being funny, but somebody had the courage to tell me it's annoying. I've been working for most of the last year to stop it.

I'm going to take on a new challenge: my abuse of the word "literally". I literally use it in every statement I make- Damn it! Did it again!

It is hard to change lifelong behavior, but it is doable. I don't think it's unreasonable to have to change a behavior you discover other people consider annoying. 

No comments: