Monday, February 03, 2014

A Conversation I Wish We'd Have With Politicians

Yesterday I stumbled across an essay Ron Paul wrote about his experiences with learning Austrian Economics, as well as how he learned and was mentored by some giants in the field, like Ludwig von Mises and Murray Rothbard.

Part of a paragraph jumped out at me, which I figured was worth a quick blog rant:
It is time, of course, for them to do some serious explaining, since after 70
years of intervention, conditions have gotten worse, and we face an
international banking crisis unprecedented in all of history

That's the point most people seem to miss. They keep making excuses for the politicians. Politician promises if we get this bill passed or this program running, everything will be better. But it makes it worse. Then we have to pass something else or start some new program. Then there are more excuses by the politicians and their enablers in the media.


Why don't we ever stand up to them at failure? "You obviously don't know what you're doing or what you're talking about. Get the hell out!"

And we should also run out their enablers, be they left wing or neocon, Krugman or Limbaugh, Chris Matthews or Hannity. Just run them out of town. Shut them down.

I began my journey to stop being a Republicrat during the Bush Presidency. I'd already heard about libertarianism in the 90's, but surely the Republicrats were righteous and could save us IF ONLY THOSE MEAN, EVIL DEMONICANS would just get out of the way, right!

I was listening to a Christian Conservative program called Janet Parshall's America one day on my way home from work. I have no clue who the caller was; that was somewhere around 2002 or 2003, so far back I can't pin the year down. Probably 03 because that was Iraq with their WMDs which turned out to not exist, which is even confirmed by George W. Bush's ghostwriter in his book "Decision Points".

Janet Parshall's guest made some comment about how we were lied to and led into Iraq to find WMD's that weren't there. Parshall blew up at her guest, yelling "Don't you dare criticize President Bush. HE IS A GOOD MAN!"

I stopped listening to her that day. I realized she was a Republicrat before anything else. You can't criticize a man she thinks is good. Her guest was absolutely correct! I started to realize how many other "conservative" commentators had the same perspective, and I slowly gravitated away from them. I knew the "left" did that, but I thought the "side" I used to be on was better than that. We claimed to be all noble and shit.

The point is, politicians are wrong more often than not. The majority, if not all, of the policies, programs, and laws they bring about do nothing more than screw things up, which causes them to propose something new, since they did such a great job the first time around.

I can't for the life of me understand why anybody believes anything a politician says anymore.

No comments: