Friday, December 25, 2015

Do Non-Profits Realize How Ridiculous They Sound?

I'm not the biggest fan of the concept of "non-profit". It's supposed to be noble somehow to have a non-profit organization. But, just because they're organized as a non-profit or not-for-profit for tax purposes doesn't mean an organization doesn't make and waste a LOT of money. Many are multi-billion dollar organizations, such as Planned Parenthood and the NFL (yes,  both are not-for-profits). A lot of mega-churches and related ministries go through tons of money.

The point of my rant is, this time of year, non-profits come out of the woodwork begging for money. But they phrase it in silly terms. "This is your last chance to give us a tax free gift this year." How the hell is it a gift if you beg for it?

I couldn't do non-profit work. I hate begging. Even at a point in my life when I thought I wanted to go into ministry, I would have been ashamed to beg for money.

No comments: