Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Report vilifies iPod, blames Apple for holding back music industry

According to TUAW, a music industry report says that Apple is holding
back the music industry. Consumers love iPods but are locked into
iTunes and blah, blah, blah.


I can hardly use myself to refute a report on the enitire music
playing population, but my BS detector is going off, and it's about to
blow out my eardrums.


I've bought a total on ONE (1) song from iTunes, and when I realized
what a pain DRM is, I swore it off and haven't bought another. I've
managed I acquire my music either from my CD collection or non-DRM
sources like Amazon.


http://i.tuaw.com/?date=2005/12/16&slug=report-vilifies-ipod-blames-apple-for-holding-back-music-indust&a=show-post&commentspage=


Is Apple holding back the music industry? If so, I need to see
something more substantial than whining an finger pointing to believe
it.

No comments: