Wednesday, September 23, 2009

iTunes 9.0.1 Is Out, Supposedly Fixes Podcast Playlist Issue

I woke up this morning, went through the usual routine, took my iPhone upstairs to sync, and saw that iTunes 9.0.1 was ready to download. I didn't have time to download and install it before I left, so I told the prompt "Not right now" and synced my iPhone.

According to The Unofficial Apple Weblog, iTunes 9.0.1 contains the following fixes. The ones I have experienced and thus care about are in bold:


  • Resolves issues browsing the iTunes Store.

  • Addresses a performance issue where iTunes may become unresponsive.

  • Fixes a problem where iTunes may unexpectedly quit.

  • Fixes a problem syncing Podcasts in playlists to iPod or iPhone.

  • Fixes a problem sorting albums with multiple discs.

  • Addresses an issue with the Zoom button not switching to Mini Player.

  • Improves application syncing for iPod touch and iPhone.

  • Genius is now automatically updated to show Genius Mixes.


After I synced my iPhone, I tried to install the update, but I got a message that iTunes had an invalid signature and would not be installed. I'll have to download it from Apple.com later today.

Hopefully I can get back the several minutes a morning I have to spend creating on-the-go playlists for my podcasts. I like it when things work like they're supposed to.

1 comment:

Cliff Billings said...

I have been making the rounds with Apple Tech Support for a week concerning this same issue. I already had Itunes 9.0.0.1 and made the mistake of upgrading to the newest version. I keep getting invalid signature. So far I have hadno success. They are now advising me to contact Norton's incase that is the issue. From reading different threads it sounds like it is an Apple issue and there is no fix at this time.