I woke up this morning, went through the usual routine, took my iPhone upstairs to sync, and saw that iTunes 9.0.1 was ready to download. I didn't have time to download and install it before I left, so I told the prompt "Not right now" and synced my iPhone.
According to The Unofficial Apple Weblog, iTunes 9.0.1 contains the following fixes. The ones I have experienced and thus care about are in bold:
- Resolves issues browsing the iTunes Store.
- Addresses a performance issue where iTunes may become unresponsive.
- Fixes a problem where iTunes may unexpectedly quit.
- Fixes a problem syncing Podcasts in playlists to iPod or iPhone.
- Fixes a problem sorting albums with multiple discs.
- Addresses an issue with the Zoom button not switching to Mini Player.
- Improves application syncing for iPod touch and iPhone.
- Genius is now automatically updated to show Genius Mixes.
After I synced my iPhone, I tried to install the update, but I got a message that iTunes had an invalid signature and would not be installed. I'll have to download it from Apple.com later today.
Hopefully I can get back the several minutes a morning I have to spend creating on-the-go playlists for my podcasts. I like it when things work like they're supposed to.