Saturday, January 08, 2011

Yet More “iPhone On Verizon” Rumors, This Time From the WSJ

The Wall Street Journal of all places is now carrying a rumor about a supposed Verizon iPhone. Although, just like all the other rumors, there is no mention of how Apple and/or AT&T plans to get around that pesky 5-6 year exclusive agreement that nobody but me seems to remember.

I’ve mentioned many times how much I dislike AT&T. The other night, they dropped 4 calls in 30 seconds between my wife and I. We both had 5 full bars at the time. I’d love to have an option besides AT&T, which we’ve been with for a while and have never been satisfied with service.

What I gather from the article is Verizon is making a big announcement this coming Tuesday. The article states that it will be the “iPhone on Verizon” announcement, but offers no substance to back it up although it is stated in the article as fact.

Verizon sent out invitations for an event to be held in New York City on Tuesday asking that recipients "Join us as we share the latest news," but didn't specify the subject matter. The event will be headlined by Lowell McAdam, president and chief operating officer of Verizon Communications
Read more: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704739504576068170230339348.html#ixzz1AU0V0XDD

My speculation is Verizon will announce another “iPhone Killer”. I want to be wrong. Let’s hope I am.

No comments: