Friday, October 19, 2012

Barefoot

This is a totally new experience for me. I’ve almost always worn socks and shoes, even around the house. The thought of going out barefoot to get the mail scares me.

I try to walk around when I’m by myself. In winter, I wear slippers. When it’s warm, I wear some imitation Crocks I picked up in Wildwood, NJ.

This morning, it occurred to me that I don’t pace around very fast when I’m wearing the fake Crocks. I kicked them off and did my pacing barefoot for a while.

It was an incredibly new experience for me. As weird as it is (I’m 38), I felt the carpet. I never gave it much thought before.

I read somewhere, I think in Tim Ferriss’ blog, that when you’re depressed, walking barefoot in the grass for 20 minutes can help a lot. I’ve done that a few times. But walking barefoot around my rented basement most of the day has been interesting. Since I got home from work, I’ve been walking barefoot. Except for a time when my toes hit the base of my fan and hurt for what seemed like forever, it’s been interesting.

Give it a shot. Walk barefoot. It’s a new experience. I keep wanting to throw stuff on the ground so I can see what it feels like to my feet. It’s very weird.

No comments: