Thursday, February 07, 2013

40 Alternatives To College

I am all for education. But I'm convinced what passes for higher education is going to undergo a massive change. I also don't believe in "one size fits all". I don't believe everybody should go to college (especially right out of high school before you've had time to figure yourself out). Nor do I believe college is essential for success in every case.

Now, I believe entirely in learning, and I believe we should all engage in it. You should dedicate some time each week to learning something new or to refining knowledge you already have.

I came across a book on Amazon called "40 Alternatives to College". At only 99 cents for the Kindle version, it's probably worthy of a read. Also is Aaron Cleary's "Worthless", which I reviewed here

No comments: