Friday, April 05, 2013

On Protest

I'm pretty well on record with what I think about changing your Facebook picture to show your support or "raise awareness" for a cause. I think it's retarded.

I'm in the middle of giving a friend of mine a bunch of crap because he blacked out his Facebook avatar to protest the President's visit to Colorado the other day. I've asked "Do you think it's going to hurt his feelings? Make him divert to Idaho?"

This is a really good friend of mine. The kind of guy you'd jump on a plane in the middle of the night and haul ass out to if he was in trouble. So it's a good natured sort of ribbing. But he's been exposed to my philosophical learning and I think he should know better.

Most activities of this type I believe are taken out of ignorance. I try to imagine how stupid or solipsistic somebody would have to be to think changing a picture or liking a status is going to change anything. I think in cases like my friend, whom I know is highly intelligent, it's more of a feeling of frustration or powerlessness.


As I look around America, I can see a line of irreconcilable differences forming. I'm not quite sure what to do about that. I don't believe the ideological sides will find a way to reconcile. (I don't consider myself to be on either "side", I'm a libertarian/anarchist).

People like my friend have a vision for what they believe America should be. It's the America they were raised in. It's the America they thought they were serving in the military. Yet the America we're getting is nothing like what we thought we were promised. And it can be very frustrating.

But we're not powerless. Not in any way. We can band together. That's what "The Manosphere" is about. Although the things going on are very dark, I can still find optimism. I've checked out of "The Mainstream" a long time ago, if I was ever IN it. I pay no attention to it. Instead, I get my news and awareness of what's going on, not from PBS or MSNBC or CNN or Chris Matthews or Rachael Maddow. I get my news and awareness from people like Adam Kokesh, James Corbett, Aaron Clarey, Aurini, and many others. Richard Grove's Peace Revolution podcast is awesome.

I'm committed to enjoying the decline. You should too.



Yeah, I know, my review is weeks overdue.

I've decided that there's little I can do to change things. America is heading in a direction I'm not happy with, but I'm determined to sit back and enjoy the show. I'm going to educate myself in the hopes that later, my synthesis and analysis will be hopeful to somebody. I'm going to hang out with people I enjoy. Rather than wasting my time on mindless sitcoms and "dramadies", whatever the hell that's supposed to mean, I have plenty of shows I enjoy, especially Air Crash Investigations (mucho gracias to those who have uploaded episodes to YouTube- I'm enjoying them immensely.)

We're not powerless. You just have to re-calibrate your perception of power. And maybe consider looking for a new country to live in, or find a way to move around and enjoy the world when you get tired of one place or another.

No comments: