Sunday, August 25, 2013

Passive-Aggressive Sabotage

I recently watched an episode of a show called "Mystery Diners". It's similar to Restaurant Stakeout, where an owner suspects problems with his employees while he's not there, and calls in a company to set up cameras and send in plants to test the staff.

In one episode a French restaurant had an executive chef who had anger management issues. He also seemed to make mistakes. It turned out his sous chef was sabotaging him. The sous chef was also talking bad about him whenever his back was turned.

I could feel that chef's anger and frustration. He knew somebody was screwing with him, but had no idea who. I've been there.

I had a point where over a three year period, somebody was getting into my Facebook and gmail accounts and sending my (soon to be) ex wife nasty messages like "Our marriage is over, you bitch!" It was so frustrating because I had no idea who was doing it or why. All I know is it wasn't me, but she seemed intent on believing that I did it.

It finally ended when I took all my computers out of the house in New Jersey.

I now believe she was doing it herself. After all, my computer was always on, and I usually had tabs open to gmail and Facebook. Why she would have done that, I don't know. But I'm convinced she was doing it herself.

Why she would do it, I don't know. I'm pretty sure she set me on on a few other fronts too, to make it look like I did something that I did not in fact do. I don't know why. The more I think on it, the more I realize being free of her is a gift.

All I know is passive aggressive behavior is annoying. It is the way of men to engage each other out in the open with direct confrontation and honor. It is the way of women to engage each other behind the scenes with passive-aggressive sabotage and backstabbing. I cannot respect a man who operates like a woman.

I cheered when the sous chef got fired and the executive chef was vindicated.


No comments: