Tuesday, December 15, 2009

And So It Begins: Covey Locks Books In Kindle Format

Apparently, Stephen Covey signed an exclusive agreement to lock his books down under the Amazon Kindle. No, this isn't the end of the world, even if you own another eBook reader. Remember, Kindle has applications for iPhone and PC. Mac and BlackBerry are coming soon.

The only thing I don't like about this, is that it will be hard to consolidate a library. Say I get a nook for Christmas. Then I start buying B&N books. I'll have a Kindle library and a nook library. It seems harder than it has to be.

I hope these distributors come to the realization that their money is made in selling content, not platforms. At least, I hope the real money is in content. If I ever get around to writing an eBook, I plan to make it as accessible as possible rather than lock it into one format.

No comments: