Sunday, March 20, 2011

Jesus Is Not A Facebook Status

I was going through some blog posts I started and never finished. I came across this. I think I was going to write a long dissertation, but that’s not really required which is probably why I never finished this post.

I don’t consider this “witnessing”. I don’t consider it “furthing the Kingdom of Heaven”. I consider it annoying. Just like those silly emails that essentially tell you “If you don’t forward this silly, poorly written poem to 10 people, you don’t love Jesus”. I delete those immediately. This is designed to get people who agree with you to feel good, and to annoy people who don’t agree with you. It’s not a good argument, and it’s not a good example.

I recall a bumper sticker I saw once: “Dear God, please save me from your followers.”

epic fail photos - Christianity Requires Facebook Now

There are far more effective ways to show we’re followers of Jesus that forwarding emails and copying and pasting Facebook statuses.

By the way, I did NOT post that message on my wall.

Col 3:[17] And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

No comments: