Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Two Minutes Hate: Conservative Edition

I promise, I'll get the post where I explain what "Two Minutes Hate" is up soon. Just needs so more wordsmithing.

Lest you think I plan to only pick on people who are probably categorized on the left of the spectrum, you're wrong. Conservatives are just as capable of a good Two Minutes Hate as anybody. (And I am neither a conservative nor a liberal).

So some rapper, (Lil Wayne) stepped on an American flag in a music video. Lots of my conservative friends are really pissed off about this. I could barely be bothered to look the guy's name up for this, but I realized Mark Dice probably had a commentary on it, so I'll let him explain:


He spends a lot of time commenting on these rappers and other pop culture "celebrities" that I otherwise ignore because they don't matter to me. I don't care what they say, and what they do. I don't listen to their music, I don't buy their products, I don't listen to radio stations they're likely to be on, I don't watch MTV, etc.

As for me and why I'm not going to "Two Minutes Hate" on this one, it's because it doesn't matter. I pay no attention to Tiny Wayne or Little Wayne or whatever he calls himself (can't be bothered to look further up this post). I wouldn't even know about this issue if most of my "conservative" friends on Facebook hadn't been pissed off about this all day.

Seriously, why do any of you act surprised when a pop culture celebrity does something like this? What in his character or the character of the media companies he runs with would cause you to be surprised about this? I wrote a blog post back in 2008 addressing this topic. You should read it. Seriously, Google Analytics says nobody has ever read this post. I worked so hard.

No comments: