Thursday, September 26, 2013

Again? Seriously? Can We Fire These People?

In one of the greatest examples of poor timing, I submit my career. I was laid off in 2010. I spent six months on unemployment while trying to get a real estate business off the ground. Then I was hired by a government agency in northern Virginia. The pay was good, it was a great leap for my IT skills, so I became a geographic bachelor (geo-bachelor) and moved to northern Virginia (NOVA) to support my family.

I started working for that agency in October of 2010. I got bored and frustrated with that agency and found a home in another government spot, where I'm happy and utilized properly. I'm coming up on my third anniversary of employment with the government.

For years, I'd watched friends in the government get raises and bonuses every single year. Plus the great time off. On my last job as a contractor, I got 10 vacation days and 7 holidays a year. I had a friend who worked for the government who never seemed to have to show up for work. I was jealous. He had every other Friday off, plus four weeks of leave, plus what seemed like 20 paid holidays.

Right after I started with the government, The Obammesiah announced no annual raise for government employees. This has not yet been repealed.

Then the shutdowns began. I believe it was March or May of 2011, I went home on Friday fully expecting a government shutdown on Monday. Somehow, Congress got its head pulled out of its ass and passed another Continuing Resolution (CR). I'm sure there was at least one more in 2011. Then in 2013, sequestration hit, as did fukenfurloren. Now, coming up on the end of September 2013, there's another potential shut down.

There's a lot of sympathy for the military. I've found there is damn little for GS employees. People perceive us as overpaid and inefficient. We're not a significant voting block to scare most Congressmen or the President, and far too many government employees are Dembots anyway and wouldn't consider voting otherwise no matter how much they're abused. I can only convert libertarians and anarchists within my own sphere of influence, so that will not amount to much in the coming elections.

A lot of the newsletters and blogs I subscribe to are running headlines like "How the government shutdown will affect you- it won't!" Yeah, how about not being able to pay your bills because you're not getting paid, assholes?

I'm not a left-tard, so I won't ask for sympathy. I won't do an emotional plea for you to feel empathy for me. I don't care how you feel. I care what you do. Please just vote every single one of these assholes out of office. I don't care if you're a Republicrat or a Demonican. I don't. Just vote against all of them. There people are ineffective and too controlled by public interests that don't represent us. And they all need to go.

No comments: