Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Full Metal Star Wars

This is a hilarious clip I came across a while back:


R. Lee Ermy would have made a better Darth Vader.

I was 3 when Star Wars came out in 1977; before it was called Episode 4. I grew up with a view of Darth Vader being the epitome of evil.

Then Episodes 1-3 came out while I was in my 20's and 30's, and I discovered that Vader started out as a teenager full of angst and confusion. Which is pretty much how evil works anyway. It just plays to your fears and anxieties. Tells you that you have to kill your girlfriend to save her. (Or you have to work against the free market to save it). Evil is stupid. Which says a lot about the people who fall for it, like Anakin Skywalker.

Maybe Disney should do a pre-prequel and show us what caused the emperor to fall for the Dark Side. I bet his story is dumber than Vader's. Just longer.

No comments: