Thursday, December 25, 2014

The Problem With Christmas Music

... is they almost never make anything new.

I'm mostly burned out completely on the secular Christmas music. I can't stand "Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree", with it's early era synthesizers and that chick's raspy voice.

Don't get me started on Bing Crosby. Way overdone. I'd love to get through the rest of my life without having to hear that again.

I went to high school in San Antonio, so "Feliz Navidad" is definitely out as something I can stand to hear.

But even among the Christmas songs I like in my iTunes library, it's basically different people singing the same songs. I put my iPhone on shuffle for my Christmas playlist last night, and got 3 versions in a row of "O Come, All Ye Faithful".

Of course, when they do make a new Christmas song, it's something like "Christmas Shoes", which got overplayed and I burned out on it within a year or two.

At least we have Trans Siberian Orchestra, which combines the best of Christmas with the best of 80's style rock and metal.

Merry Christmas.

No comments: